Egg Biryani Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49500 times
Egg Biryani is a splendorous rice preparation, replete with the magic of Indian spices and the richness of masaledar boiled eggs. It is quite easy to make yet very grand, so it is ideal for parties!
Rice, cooked with whole spices, mint leaves and spice powders, is topped with a peppy preparation of eggs flavoured with spice powders. Each mouthful of the Egg Biryani is bursting with flavour, and everyone is sure to love it.
You can also try other egg recipes like Egg Curry Recipe or Egg Sandwich .
- Heat a small broad non-stick pan, add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the eggs and coriander, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Soak the rice in enough water for 1 hour. Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and caraway seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the slit green chillies and cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, ginger paste and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the curds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirirng occasionally.
- Add the mint leaves, coriander, chilli powder, turmeric pwoder, biryani masala, garam masala and salt, mix well and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of hot water, mix gently, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serivng, re-heat the rice and top it with masala eggs, deep-fried onions and coriander evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.