Date and Chocolate Pinwheels
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 204 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11260 times
These soft and chewy cookies taste as delicious as they look, and thanks to the goodness of dates, they are a healthy snack as well!
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl, using a wooden spoon till it is light and fluffy.
- Add 3 teaspoons of water and the vanilla essence and cream again.
- Sieve the flour and add to the mixture and knead lightly into a dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
- In one part, add the dates and cocoa powder.
- Combine the other 2 parts of vanilla cookie dough and roll out into a large rectangular sheet of ½ cm thickness.
- Roll the date and chocolate cookie dough on a floured surface to almost the same size as the vanilla cookie dough.
- Place the rolled vanilla cookie dough on a sheet of plastic cling wrap and then place the date and chocolate dough on top.
- Roll both the cookie doughs together with the help of the plastic wrap, sealing any cracks in the dough while rolling. Press firmly to release any air between the 2 layers of dough.
- Refrigerate wrapped in the cling wrap for 15 minutes
- Cut into about 6mm (¼") thick slices. Seal the ends if required.
- Press each cookie to flatten and place on a baking tray lined with
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 150° c (400° f) for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Nutrient values per pinwheel
|Vitamin A||186.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.