4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 170 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41514 times
With its rich flavour and luscious texture, the Dal Pinni might as well qualify as festive cooking, but it is so satiating and earthy you will want to keep making it again and again! Here, a wholesome mix of dals and kabuli channa is smartly supported by veggies like cabbage and tomatoes that contribute an energetic crunch and tanginess to the dish.
Further, the Dal Pinni is flavoured with an aromatic paste of coconut, cashews and spices. This paste not only boosts the flavour but also gives the Dal Pinni a rich texture. Serve it hot with Rotis or rice to make a homely and satisfying meal.
- Combine the dals, kabuli chana, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage, spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked dal mixture, little salt and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with parathas or rotis.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.