Crispy Coconut Cookies
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 148 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 107529 times
Nothing can beat the rich mouth-feel and chewy delightfulness of Crispy Coconut Cookies.
The appealing aroma of baked coconut and melted butter that emanates from the oven will draw you to bite into a cookie as soon as it is out of the oven, but do control the urge and wait till it cools down, as the cookies will turn crisp only on cooling.
These cookies are sure to be a family favourite and a perfect gift to make and give for festive occasions like Diwali , Christmas and Raksha - Bandhan .
- Combine the plain flour, salt and baking powder in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the butter and powdered sugar in a deep bowl and mix well with a help of a spatula till the mixture turns light and creamy.
- Add 2 tsp of water gradually and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the plain flour-baking powder mixture and mix well.
- Add the desiccated coconut and 2 tsp of water, mix well and keep aside.
- Shape the cookies into 25 mm. (1“) diameter thin circle and arrange them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Crispy Coconut Cookies Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cookie
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.