Creamy Tomato Onion Sabzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10528 times
We are so used to adding tomatoes to every other dish we prepare, but rarely do we think of using it as the key ingredient of a recipe!
Here is a fabulous dish where tomato stars in a key role. This Creamy Tomato Onion Sabzi features crunchy onions and tangy tomatoes cooked with common but effective spice powders and fresh cream.
This sabzi has an ideal blend of flavours and a luscious mouth-feel, which makes it an instant hit. You can also carry this easy subzi in the dabba for lunch in the afternoon.
Try other onion-tomato recipes like the Subzi Pasanda and the Spicy Corn Subzi .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cover with lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh cream and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||395.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||23 mg|
|Folic Acid||23.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.