Creamy Beetroot Risotto
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4426 times
Risotto is a cheesy rice preparation that is now popular all over the world. In this fantabulous version, the risotto is embellished with grated beetroot and onions, which give a yummy taste and vibrant red colour to it.
A dash of thyme gives the Creamy Beetroot Risotto a tongue-tickling flavour while ingredients like vegetable stock and milk together with loads of cheese give it a luxuriant mouth-feel.
Do not add all the vegetable stock together. Add it 1/2 cup at a time, and continue to add once it is absorbed. Make sure you serve the risotto immediately because any dish with cheese has a tendency to get chewy after a while.
Try other recipes like Risotto Balls with Pizza Sauce and Creamy Mushroom Risotto .
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the rice and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Add ½ cup of vegetable stock, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the vegetable stock gets evaporated, while stirring occasionally.
- Repeat step 5 with the remaining 3 cups of vegetable stock.
- Add the beetroot, milk and thyme, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the fresh cream and cheese and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||534.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||22.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.