Corn and Cheese Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 282 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 119612 times
A filling snack that is an ideal choice when your kids come home hungry from school. They are sure to love the gooey, cheesy mixture interspersed with mildly sweet corn. You will be satisfied with this snack too, as it provides your precious ones with much-needed calcium in their growing phase.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the milk and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Add the capsicum and mixed herbs, cheese and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the mustard powder, corn and salt and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the corn and cheese topping into 8 equal portions.
- Spread a portion of the topping evenly on each toasted bread halve.
- Serve immediately topped with tomato ketchup.
Corn and Cheese Toast (Calcium Rich Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per toast
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.