Coconut Vegetable Curry with Coconut Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 288 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27373 times
This exotic Coconut Vegetable Curry with Coconut Rice is a flavour-packed treat that will remain etched in your memory for ever! Rice that has been cooked with coconut milk and spices is served with a spicy vegetable curry that is flavoured with a rich masala paste.
Assorted veggies add a splash of colours to this rice preparation, while abundant use of coconut milk in both the rice and the curry give it an elegance, which complements the intensity of the spice paste in a very balanced fashion. The total effect is mind-blowing and you will thoroughly enjoy this lip-smacking delicacy.
To mellow the spicy flavour of the curry serve with accompaniments like Cucumber Pachadi or Red Pumpkin Pachadi .
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cloves, cinnamon and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the curry leaves and the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with coconut rice.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||339.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||33.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.