Chocolate Pinwheels, Diabetic Friendly Chocolate Pinwheels
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 63 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28998 times
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the cocoa powder. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk and sugar substitute, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer it into a small bowl and keep aside.
- Remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Flatten each slice using a rolling pin.
- Spread 2 tsp of chocolate spread on each bread slice and sprinkle 1 tsp of oats evenly over it.
- Roll each slice like a swiss roll and cut it into 3 equal portions.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 9 more pinwheels.
- Serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values per pinwheel
|Energy|| 27 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.0 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 4.1 gm|
|Fat|| 0.7 gm|
|Calcium|| 10.9 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.