Chocolate Cheese Tart
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 108 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26932 times
What goes perfectly with a crispy golden pastry base fresh out of the oven? Try a delicious filling of cream cheese, condensed milk, chocolate and dry fruits, and you will fall head over heels in love with it.
A sprinkling of nutmeg powder gives this chocolate cheese tart an aroma that fills the kitchen and beyond! It is surprising how this spice works even better than traditional options like cinnamon for this particular creation.
Tickle your taste buds with other sweet tarts like Strawberry Cheese Tarts , Akhrot Choco Tarts and Chocolate Tiramisu Tart .
- Sieve the flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy.
- Mix in the flour and milk and knead to make a soft dough.
- Roll out the pastry dough to line the base of a 150 mm. (6") diameter pie dish. Prick the pastry with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Spoon the filling on top of the baked pastry base.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 30 minutes or until it is golden brown in colour.
- Cut into wedges. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tart
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.