Chocolate Apple Ring
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 149 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19824 times
Chocolate cake flavoured with apple puree, cinnamon and nutmeg. A blend of subtle flavours.
- Peel and chop the apples and place them in a saucepan with 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring the apples to a boil and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cool and mash to a pulp.
- Sieve together the flour, cooca powder, baking powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and salt.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the condensed milk, flour mixture and mashed apples and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into a greased 200 mm. (8") diameter ring mould.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C(360°F) for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and unmould the cake.
- Serve warm.
- You can also use this cake batter to make muffins or a large cake.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.