Chinese 5 Spice Powder
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 211 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 70433 times
- In a dry pan, roast the schezuan peppercorns over low heat until the aroma is released. Keep aside.
- Roast together the other ingredients for about 3 minutes on low heat till the aroma is released.
- Grind together all the ingredients in a blender. Sieve the mixture.
- A coarse powder of the spices will be left behind. Grind it again to make a fine powder and sieve again. Discard the coarse powder left behind or grind it again.
- Store the sieved powder in an air-tight jar and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.