Cheese Carrot Canape, Starter
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13538 times
These canapés look dainty but they spell excitement! Buttered and crisped bread roundels are topped with an awesome mix of veggies, mustard paste, cream and believe it or not, crushed cracker biscuits.
While the cream gives a luscious mouth-feel, the mustard gives a peppy taste to the Cheese Carrot Canapé. The crushed cracker biscuits go a step ahead and give the canapés a crunchiness, which seems to crackle in your mouth!
Make sure you crush the biscuits coarsely, otherwise they will become soft like flour and not have the required crispness. The Cheese Carrot Canapés can be served as a starter at parties .
You can also try other bread-based snacks like the Bread Snack and Bread Pizza .
- Divide the topping into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Cut the bread slices into approx. 62 mm. (2 1/2") diameter rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Apply a little butter on each bread roundel.
- Place them on a greased baking tray and bake in pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spread a portion of the mixture on each toasted bread roundel and finally sprinkle a little chilli flakes evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Cheese Carrot Canapé video by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.