Black Pepper Lemon Sev Recipe , Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1996 times
Here’s a zesty bite that’s sure to lift your spirits, and add tonnes of excitement to a regular cup of chaai!
The Black Pepper Lemon Sev is bursting with a mix of tangy and spicy flavours, which will wake up your bored taste buds.
Make sure the dough for the sev is loose, otherwise you will find it difficult to press it out into the hot oil. Also make sure you deep-fry the flavoursome sev on a slow flame till crisp, to get the perfect crunch and taste.
You can also try other sev recipes like Palak Pudina Sev or Aloo Bhujia .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a loose soft dough.
- Grease the sev "press" mould with little oil, transfer the dough into it, press it properly and cover it with the lid.
- Press out thin strands of the sev into the hot oil, a few at a time and deep-fry on a slow flame till it turns very light brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Keep aside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the sev into a deep bowl and break into pieces using your fingers.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.