Batata Vada, Non Fried Batata Vada Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 160 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 109370 times
Batata Vada, this popular street-food from Western India has gained a place in the hearts of Indians all over the country.
Potatoes ensure that these vadas are filling, while the ginger, green chillies, coriander and lemon juice pep up the flavour, making your taste-buds crave for more, even when your tummy is brimful!
Try other non fried snacks like Non Fried Kachori , Pav Bhaji Dhokla and Mixed Vegetable Handvo .
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and garlic paste and again sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, turmeric powder, coriander, lemon juice and salt, mix well cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl, add enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency. Keep aside
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape them into flat round wadas. Keep aside.
- Dip each vada in the batter and place them in a hot broad non-stick pan.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes, using 1/8 tsp of oil.
- Turn upside down, cover again and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with dry garlic chutney or whole wheat pav.
Batata Vada (Non Fried Snack) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per vada
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.