Banoffee Pie, Eggless Banoffee Pie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44166 times
Banoffee Pie gets it name from the pleasing combination of bananas and toffee.
In this classic English dessert, a base of crushed biscuits and butter is topped with whipped cream, bananas and a special toffee prepared from condensed milk, and refrigerated till it sets.
In different variants, garnishes of coffee powder or chocolate may be used.
Although the preparation of toffee is a time-consuming process, here we have prepared it in a very simple, hassle-free manner that does not require you to stand by it.
- Combine the biscuits and melted butter in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into a 7” loose bottomed cake tin and spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes. Keep aside.
- Put the condensed milk tin in water in a deep pan and cook on a high flame for 1 hour. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled open the tin and remove the toffee in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place ½ cup of bananas on the prepared biscuit base and arrange them evenly all over.
- Pour the toffee over it and spread it evenly with the help of a butter knife.
- Put ½ cup of whipped cream over it and spread it evenly.
- Put the remaining ½ cup of bananas over it and spread it evenly.
- Put the remaining ½ cup of whipped cream and again spread it evenly using a butter knife.
- Place the cake tin on a plate and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Demould the pie and garnish with grated chocolate.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values per wedge
|Vitamin A||590.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.