by Tarla Dalal
Added to 193 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 164141 times
Samosa, the famous street side snack, usually have a thick outer covering to retain the shape and hold the stuffing, however that makes it difficult to bake properly. Hence i have rolled the outer covering thin. To instill a little crispiness i have added ½ tbsp of ghee to the dough. Baking takes a little longer but i believe it is worth every effort.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and add enough water to make a firm dough. Keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Knead again using oil til smooth. Keep aside covered with a wet muslin cloth.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into 150 mm. (6") diameter thin chapatis.
- Cook on a tava (griddle) till light brown spots appear on both sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the potatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, salt, dry mango powder, chilli powder, green peas coriander, mix well and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Cool completely and divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions.
- Divide each chapati into 2 halves, make a cone from each half.
- Stuff each cone with a portion of the stuffing.
- Seal the edges carefully using a little water. Keep aside.
- Repeat with the remaining chapati halves and stuffing to make 7 more samosas.
- Arrange on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf)for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot with phudina chutney.
Nutrient values per samosa
|Vitamin A||93.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.