Baked Samosa with Mixed Sprouts, Healthy Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2606 times
Samosas without potatoes – can you believe it? Well, this is going to be one of the tastiest and most innovative healthy snacks you are likely to have tried in your kitchen!
These nutritious baked samosas are made with a stuffing of mixed sprouts, perked up with such a beautifully balanced mix of spices that you will not miss the potatoes! We suggest letting the Baked Samosa with Mixed Sprouts to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
But enjoy it immediately after that because like any other baked dish, it tends to get dry after some time.
Try other healthy recipes with sprouts like Sprouts Pancakes and Sprouts Tikki .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Put the mixed sprouts in a deep bowl and mash it lightly when hot with the back of a spoon.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix very well using your hands. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin oval shape.
- Cut the oval horizontally into 2 equal portions using a knife.
- Take a portion and join the edges to make a cone and seal it with little water.
- Stuff the cone with approx. 1 tbsp of the filling and apply little water on the edges to seal it.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 15 more samosas.
- Place them on a greased baking tray and brush all the samosas using the oil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes, turn them over and bake them again for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly for 10 minutes and serve immediately with green chutney.
- These samosas are best served within 10 minutes of cooling as they tend to get dry quickly.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per samosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.