Baked Beans Veg Cannelloni
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6681 times
The word cannelloni is derived from 'canna' and literally means big tubes of pasta. These homemade , fresh Pasta sheets are boiled, filled and rolled up into a cylindrical shape to form cannelloni and generally baked in a rich sauce .
Filled with a mixture of baked beans and red capsicum, this cannelloni is coated in tomato sauce and sprinkled generously with cheese.
It can also be made ahead of time and baked in the oven when needed for a delicious, quick meal. Serve this with Garlic Bread and a light salad.
Try similar recipes like Baked Pav Bhaji Pasta or Pasta and Paneer Bake in A Cream Sauce
- Combine the plain flour, 2 tsp oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thin circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the remaining 1 tsp of oil and when it starts boiling drop one circle at a time, cook for 1 minute and remove. Refresh using cold water drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds on a medium flame.
- Add the red capsicum, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add baked beans, dry red chilli flakes, oregano and salt and cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, chilli powder, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a cannelloni sheet on a flat, dry surface, place a portion of the stuffing on one side of the pasta sheet and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 2 to make 11 more stuffed cannellonis. Keep aside.
- Take a baking dish and grease it with the butter and place the stuffed cannelloni on it.
- Pour the prepared tomato sauce evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle the cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.