Aloo and Paneer Roll
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 75882 times
Fresh rotis lined with green chutney play host to an astounding stuffing of potatoes and paneer flavoured naturally with chillies, coriander, mint and cumin. A scrumptious salad accompanies the soft potato-based stuffing to add an exciting crunch to the aloo paneer roll.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and semi-cook the rotis and keep aside.
- Heat the oil on a non-stick tava (griddle) and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, paneer, coriander, mint leaves and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into an oblong roll and keep aside.
- Divide the salad into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 1 semi-cooked roti on a flat, dry surface and spread 1 tsp of green chutney evenly over it.
- Place 1 portion of the stuffing on one end of the roti, place 1 portion of the salad over the stuffing and roll the roti tightly.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 5 more rolls.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Place the rolls on it and cook, using a little oil till brown spots appear on all the sides.
- Cut each roll diagonally into 2 and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.