Quick Rava Idlis Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 65495 times
Well, you love idlis, but what if you have no batter on hand? here is a quick and equally tasty (in fact, spicier!) version of idlis made with semolina. Since the batter requires no fermentation, this recipe is a quick-fix!
Recipe Description for Quick Rava Idlis
- Combine all ingredients together, except the fruit salt, with 1 cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil and ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, urad dal,cashewnuts, curry leaves, cumin seeds, green chilies and asafoetida, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add this tempering to the prepared semolina batter and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 of tsp water over the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour a little batter into each greased idli mould and steam for 7 to 8 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Cool slightly, demould and serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.