Oats Khichdi Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 13168 times
This garlic-infused and fibre-rich khichdi is ideal for diabetics. Enjoy it accompanied with low-fat curds.
Recipe Description for Oats Khichdi
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the green chilli paste, garlic paste and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the oats and yellow moong dal and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add 1½ cups of hot water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately with low-fat curds.
- Serving this khichdi immediately is important to avoid it being lumpy and sticky.
Nutrient values per serving
| 152 kcal|| 5.9 gm|| 20.0 gm|| 5.3 gm|| 1.8 gm|| 1.2 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.