instant dosa mix
Viewed 16413 times
Instant Dosa Mix is a healthy, readily available powder to make dosas ( South Indian rice based pancake) batter in minutes. Dosa is basically a crepe made from rice and black lentils. It is a typical South Indian dish, eaten for breakfast or dinner, and is rich in carbohydrates and protein.
The instant dosa mix has all the necessary ingredients in the right quantity. You would just need to add water in correct proportions and mix well. Your dosa batter is ready to be spread on a hot nonstick tawa. Preparation of dosa requires correct amount of rice flour and pulses. The batter needs to be also fermented optimally and of correct consistency. In order to overcome these difficulties, a ready-to-form instant dosa mix powder formulation with six months shelf life has been developed. Instant Dosa Mixes are a delightful and easy way to make the most mouth watering delicacies at home. Whether it is a special occasion or just a regular meal, follow the simple step-by-step instructions on the pack and prepare a delectable snack or meal for your family in minutes!
How to select
Packs of readymade "instant" dosa batter are available all over India. These are typically available in 500g and 1 kg denominations, and are ready to be spread onto a hot plate (in some cases requiring addition of salt or water first). Typically, instant dosa batter can also be used to make idlis. Check the expiry date before buying.
· Instant Dosa mix is used to prepare a popular South Indian delicacy called dosa.
· The procedure involves preparing the batter from the instant dosa mix. The batter is then ladled in small amounts onto a hot greased tawa, where it is spread out into a thin circle and fried with oil or ghee until golden brown. This is the case in a very short time. The dosa may then be folded in half and served or rolled as in a wrap, but in both cases it is cooked on a single side. Alternatively, it may be flipped to cook on the other side and then served.
· The dosa batter can be used to prepare uttapams and masala dosas. Onion, chillies, tomato, coconut or cheese may be added to improve taste and variation.
· They can be stuffed with vegetables, meats and sauces to create a quickly prepared meal
How to store
Store the mix in an airtight container and keep it in a cool dry place. The unopened mix powder stays good for about six months at room temperature and can be conveniently used in the preparation of dosa at any time
· Those with wheat allergies or gluten intolerance will find the dosa a nice addition to their diets.
· Instant dosa mix provides a balanced combination of carbohydrate ( rice) and protein( lentils) and hence helps in preparing a quick and healthy meal.