Viewed 7897 times
Also Known as
Nariyal ka pani, Narial ka pani
If you've ever opened a fresh coconut, you will have seen the thin, opaque almost clear coconut juice or water which has a slight almond flavor. Tap into a young, green coconut and therein lies the slightly sweet, translucent liquid that islanders have long enjoyed as refreshment in the sun's heat. Coconut vendors can be found most everywhere. Coconut water is the liquid endosperm inside young coconuts. Coconuts are the fruit of the coconut palm, botanically known as Cocos nucifera, with nucifera meaning "nut-bearing." In Sanskrit, the coconut palm is known as kalpa vriksha, meaning "tree which gives all that is necessary for living," As the coconut matures, the water content decreases as the meat absorbs the Coconut Water. Coconut water has long been a popular drink. It is naturally fat-free and low in calories.Coconuts for drinking are packaged and sold in many places its sweet taste satisfies thirst and sweet cravings and contains no fat.
How to Select
Choose coconuts that feel heavy for their size, having no cracks and avoid those whose circular indented eyes are damp, moist or moldy. Shake the coconut. It should slosh with liquid and sound full. Coconut water can also be found in regular cans or tetra paks (and often has coconut pulp or coconut jelly added) and is also marketed as.
· Soft drinks and aerated waters in the market will soon have to face competition from a new brand -- tender coconut water packed in aluminum cans
· Coconut water is also used in cocktail recipes for every occasion.
· The white jelly-like flesh of an unripe coconut. Water coconut can be eaten with a spoon.
· Coconut water can be used as an intravenous fluid
· Nata de coco is a type of jelly-like dessert produced using coconut.
· Coconut soup that is most often associated with the central and southern regions of Thailand. Made from the milk of coconuts, in addition, a variety of vegetables such as sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, green beans, and mushrooms, as well as garlic, soybeans, and various seasonings may be added. Depending on the contents, Coconut Soup can be very filling and an enjoyable mixture of different ingredients.
How to Store
Although it's always advisable to drink coconut water fresh. Coconut water can last longer until removed from coconut but once water is out should not be stored, as may ferment and turn sour. Food and Agriculture Organization [FAO] of the UN have shown a way to increase the shelf life of coconut water for upto three weeks has been developed by the Basically the idea is to filter, quickly chill and seal it in sterilised bottles. This prevents fermentation of coconut water that begins soon as it is exposed to air. Although it's better to drink fresh for optimum benefits.
· It is one of the favourite thirst-quencher in summers.
· It's a natural isotonic beverage, with the same level of electrolytic balance as we have in our blood. It's the fluid of life.
· Coconut Water is More Nutritious than whole milk - Less fat and NO cholesterol!
· Coconut Water is Better than processed baby milk- It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother's milk
· Coconut water is naturally sterile -- Water permeates though the filtering husk!
· Coconut water is the very stuff of Nature, biologically Pure, full of Natural Sugars, Salts, and Vitamins to ward off fatigue... and is the next wave of energy drinks BUT natural
· Coconut water contains more potassium and has less sodium. (
· Keep the body cool and at the proper temperature, re-hydrate your body, it is an all natural beverage'
· Carry nutrients and oxygen to cells and naturally replenish your body's fluids after exercising
· Raise your metabolism and Promote weight loss
· Boost your immune system and Detoxify and fight viruses
· An ideal sports drink because of its high potassium and mineral content which helps the body recover from rigorous exercise
· Nursing mothers can use coconut water as a natural, healthier alternative to processed infant's milk. It contains lauric acid, a fatty acid present in breast milk that has antiviral and antibacterial properties. Coconut water also alleviates intestinal disturbances in feeding infants.