Viewed 8490 times
Known all over the world as a renowned and largely consumed health drink, Bournvita is actually a malted chocolate beverage food drink. It was previously called Bourn-vita when sold all over North America and Europe. In India, manufactured by Cadbury, this chocolate base drink has fan following in all ages. It comes in Cadbury five star flavour also which is a recent launch.
How to select
Check for the brand, manufacturing and expiry date and packaging before purchasing. They are sold in jars, bottles and in refill packs. Purchase as required.
· It is a health drink which needs to be mixed with warm milk and then consumed. It acts as good ways to kick start the day. If it's a hot day, just blend with ice cubes for a chilled mug of cold coffee.
· Blend with chilled milk and chocolate sauce to make delicious milk shakes.
· You can add it to cakes, cheesecake mixture, mousse mixture, slushes, ice creams etc for that extra rich feel.
· Combine with tempered chocolate to make bournvita truffles.
How to store
Store in the same pack as purchased if they are in jars, bottles etc. If you have purchased refill packs, transfer to jars, bottles or air tight containers. Do not use wet spoons by mistake while using Bournvita- it will clump. Store in a cool and dryplace away from moisture and humidity.
· Each 100 gm pack provides around 400kcal energy.
· It is a good source of iron, folic acid and vitamins which are required to generate healthy blood for more energy and for optimal physical performance.
· It is also a good source of minerals like magnesium, zinc etc which help release energy from food for efficient working of body cells.
· It is also a good source of calcium and Vitamin D which is required for strong bones.