Dabeli Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 44534 times
Dabeli, a spicy potato mixture combined with onions, garlic chutney, meetha chutney, spiced masala peanuts and fruits like pomegranates and grapes... how can the equation go wrong! serve plain or smeared with butter and grilled on a tava! since dabeli masala is easily available in provision stores, you can easily recreate the roadside experience
Recipe Description for Dabeli ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
- Combine the dabeli masala, meethi chutney and a little water (approx. 1 tbsp) in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the prepared dabeli masala mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mashed potatoes, salt and a little water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, transfer it to a plate and press well with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the coriander, coconut and pomegranate on top. Keep aside.
- Take a pav and slit it on two sides at right angle (keeping them joined at the remaining 2 ends).
- Apply 1 tsp of geeli lehsun ki chutney and 1/2 tbsp of meethi chutney evenly on the inner sides of the pav.
- Stuff with 2 tbsp of the stuffing and top with 1 tsp of onions, 1 tsp of masala peanuts and 1 tsp of sev.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more dabelis.
- Just before serving, cook each dabeli on a hot tava (griddle) for a minute using a little butter.
- Serve immediately garnished with sev.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.