Sugarcane and Ginger Granita, Frozen Dessert
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23965 times
A slushy drink of frozen sugar cane juice perked up with the spiky taste of ginger and the tang of lemon! You will love the natural shades of sweetness and spice in this memorable Sugarcane and Ginger Granita.
Make sure the mixture is frozen for at least 5-6 hours, and once it is set, leave it aside for a few minutes and then scrape it with a fork and serve it in glasses.
This spicy granita is perfect to serve at parties as everybody will enjoy the exciting flavour.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container and cover it with an aluminium foil.
- Freeze it for approx. 5 to 6 hours or until it is firm.
- Remove it from the freezer and keep aside for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Scrape it with a fork and serve immediately in 4 individual glasses.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.