Mooli Moong Dal by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 830 times
Mooli or white radish is extensively used in Rajasthani cooking unlike in other parts of India where it's merely considered a salad vegetable.
Recipe Description for Mooli Moong Dal
- Combine the radish, moong dal, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the cumin seeds, bayleaf and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies, ginger, asafoetida, chilli powder, cooked radish-dal mixture and ½ cup water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
See step by step images of Mooli Moong Dal Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.