Instant Corn Dhokla Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 25360 times
Instant corn dhokla, a rare combo of sweet corn and rawa come together in this sensational dish! it is really amazing how the fresh flavour of the crushed sweet corn kernels enhances the taste of the otherwise bland rawa. A unique set of ingredients blended with curds, these dhoklas are sure to win you many praises. And what's more, it can be whipped up in no time at all! fruit salt works its magic by helping the dhoklas to rise without any fermentation. Make these in small moulds as individual portions, as kids will love it this way. But if the moulds are not available, make them in a thali and cut into pieces.
Recipe Description for Instant Corn Dhokla ( Non- Fried Snacks )
- Combine the sweet corn kernels and curds and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add the semolina, salt, green chilli paste and ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle the fruit salt, lemon juice and 2 tsp of water over it. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter immediately into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter greased thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread the batter in an even layer.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Cool slightly, cut into squares pieces and garnish with coriander and coconut.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
See step by step images of Instant Corn Dhokla ( Non- Fried Snacks ) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.