Nylon Khaman Dhokla Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 8726 times
These dhoklas are so soft and spongy that the reference to nylon is really apt! What is more, this recipe is also very easy to implement if you follow these simple instructions properly and practice it a bit. The addition of fruit salt to the batter, and water to the tempering, are the two main factors responsible for the super-soft and spongy nature of this dhokla. Temper just before serving, for the perfect “100/100”!
Recipe Description for Nylon Khaman Dhokla ( Gujarati Recipe)
- Combine the besan, semolina, sugar, ginger-green chilli paste, lemon juice and salt with approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk to get a smooth batter.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and mix lightly.
- Pour the mixture immediately to a greased 175 mm. (7") diameter thali and spread evenly by rotating the thali clockwise.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the flame, add ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread it evenly.
- Cut into pieces, garnish with coriander and serve immediately with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.