Healthy Tomato Soup (Low Calorie) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Viewed 20921 times
Creamy but not sinful, the Healthy Tomato Soup is a perfect low-cal option for those who love creamy tomato soup. Here, the creamy texture is attained using moong dal and low-fat milk. With just 1 tsp of low-fat butter for six servings, this recipe is perfect for weight watchers. Despite being ‘slim’, it is loaded with nutrients, especially vitamin A from the tomatoes and protein from the dal.
Recipe Description for Healthy Indian Tomato Soup
- To make healthy indian tomato soup, combine 4 cups of water along with tomatoes and moong dal in a deep non-stick kadhai and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture. Do not strain and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the tomato mixture, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve the healthy indian tomato soup hot.
See step by step images of Healthy Indian Tomato Soup Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.