Minty Vegetable and Oats Soup (Fibre Rich & Low Calorie Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 10827 times
Want to have a quick and light meal? This soup can do the trick! Minty Vegetable and Oats Soup is a fibre-rich soup that is very filling while also aiding in weight loss. Vegetable stock and the horde of chopped vegetables brings in a whole gamut of nutrients to this soup, while mint, chillies, ginger and soy sauce add a good flavour and aroma. The style of preparation, choice of sauce and peppery garnish gives the soup an inimitable Chinese style.
Recipe Description for Minty Vegetable and Oats Soup
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage and carrot and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the oats and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and basic vegetable stock, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add the salt, pepper, mint leaves and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with a sprig of mint.
See step by step images of Minty Vegetable and Oats Soup Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.