• White dragon fruit is very juicy and has a unique, mildly sweet taste.
• It can be eaten alone or combined with other fruits to make a fruit bowl.
• It is largely used in the preparation of smoothies.
• The juice of the dragon fruit can be combined with other fruit juices to make a mocktail.
• It can also be used as a garnish.
How to store White dragon fruit
• Store it in a cool and dry place for 2-3 days. You can also place it in a paper bag or sealed plastic bag and store in the refrigerator for upto 2 weeks.
• Once cut, refrigerate it in an air tight container and consume it earlier to avoid any quality or nutritive loss.
Health benefits of White dragon fruit
1. This exotic fruit reduces the signs of ageing due to its high antioxidant
2. Vitamin C
of dragon fruit helps build the body’s defense against common diseases like cold and cough.
3. Add a cup of chopped dragon fruit to your breakfast
daily and get your part dose of water and antioxidants to keep your skin smooth and supple.
4. The high fiber
content of this fruit is a good reliever to constipation. If you suffer from it often, try adding dragon fruit to your diet.
5. Low on calorie count, it’s a great choice for weight watchers.
6. If you are looking for iron rich
fruits, do not miss on this fruit. Its sure to raise your hemoglobin levels by assisting in RBC
(red blood cell) formation.
7. The flavonoids
in dragon fruit are known to reduce the risk of heart
8. Being a rich source of vitamin A
it protects the lining of the eyes.
9. All the antioxidants together work reduce inflammation and as stress busters.
10. Regular consumption of this fruit can help control diabetes