Viewed 16691 times
Also Known As
Candied fruit cubes or Candied raw papaya
Tutti-Frutti is a tasty, colourful and chewy confectionary item that is used in cakes, cookies ice creams, etc. They are small-sized cubical titbits that have a fruity and sweet taste. They are available in mixed colours, like red, yellow, green and orange.
It is made using raw papaya, which is cut into tiny cubes, blanched and again cooked in sugar water. Colour is added, and it is set aside for a day. It is then spread out and dried for 24 to 48 hours.
Kids love tutti-frutti and it can be added to any dish, be it a bun or a dosa, to make it attractive to kids. It is also used in sweet paans or as a topping for ice-creams, sundaes etc. Tutti-Frutti should ideally be used in combination with raisins, currants, apricots, prunes, dates and figs.
It is readily available at shops, and can be made at home as well.
How to buy
• Tutti-Frutti is readily available in shops in different pack sizes.
• Individual colours as well as mixed coloured packs are available.
• Check the expiry date before purchasing.
• Tutti-Frutti is used in making cakes and desserts, the most famous being kids’ favourite tutti-frutti ice-cream.
• Bread loafs, cookies, buns and even dosas and idlis can be embellished with tutti-frutti to make them attractive for kids.
• It is also used as an attractive topping for sundaes and ice-creams.
How to store
• Store in the refrigerator once opened.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.