Doodhi Halwa Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 22467 times
A traditional mithai that everybody has a reason to like—some for the taste, some for the goodness of doodhi and milk, and some for the warm feeling it instils on a rainy day! i know some busy-bees who would stop over at a sweetmeat stall, have a cup of halwa and a samosa in lieu of a meal, and continue their work with full energy!
Recipe Description for Doodhi ka Halwa
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the bottle gourd and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and milk and cover and cook on a slow flame for approx. 4 to 5 minutes,till the bottle gourd is soft.
- Add the khoya, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, garnish with chirongi nuts and allow to cool completely.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.