· Used primarily as a topping for sweets they go especially well with sweet halwas where vegetables like carrots and fruits like bananas and sapotas (chikoo) are cooked with sugar until smooth and creamy.
· They are also a must on top of a delightful dessert called shrikhand which is a tantalising combination of thick strained yoghurt sugar saffron cardamom and milk that has been cooked on a slow heat until it resembles condensed cream.
· Chironji nuts are used for texture and nuttiness in kababs and kormas.
· You could be innovative and sprinkle them on fruit salads, soups and chicken or lamb dishes
How to store chironji nuts, charoli, piyal seeds
Store them in a airtight jar for up to 6 months.
Health benefits of chironji nuts, charoli, piyal seeds
· Like almonds, chirongi nuts have been credited with the power to sharpen concentration, improve eyesight and provide strength and vigour.
· They are rich in Vitamin E and zinc.