How many calories does one glass Strawberry Milkshake have?
One glass Strawberry Milkshake gives 235 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 112 calories, proteins account for 33 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 89 calories. One glass Strawberry Milkshake provides about 12 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See recipe Strawberry Milkshake strawberry milkshake recipe | Indian style strawberry milkshake without ice cream | yummy strawberry milkshake for kids | fresh strawberry milkshake with milk | with 7 amazing images.
strawberry milkshake is made a lot in Indian winters when fresh strawberries are easily available at cheap prices. My childhood memories is having a glass of strawberry milkshake laden with loads of strawberries at Breach Candy in Mumbai.
To make strawberry milkshake, combine the strawberries, milk and sugar in a mixer and blend it till smooth. Pour equal quantities of the milkshake into 3 individual glasses. Garnish it with strawberries and serve immediately.
This amazing milkshake made with fresh strawberries and milk is much superior to versions made with strawberry ice-cream or syrups. The vibrant taste of the fresh fruit resonates through and through, making this Indian style strawberry milkshake without ice cream really refreshing.
The good news is that it can be made in a jiffy. Make sure you garnish this milkshake with some chopped fresh strawberries as it gives a nice bite when sipping on fresh strawberry milkshake with milk.
Made with a perfect mix of fresh strawberries and milk this is sure to be popular during parties – be it for kids or adults. When this lovely fruit is in season, apart from yummy strawberry milkshake for kids, you can also try other strawberry based fantastic recipes like Strawberry Margarita and Strawberry Tart.
Strawberry Margarita Or How To Make Strawberry Margarita Drink Recipe
Tips for strawberry milkshake. 1. Choose strawberries that are firm, plump and free of mould. They should have a shiny, deep red colour with the green cap-like stem still attached to it. Smell it if possible. It should not smell sour. 2. If you want slightly more thicker consistency like smoothie, then replace 2 cups of milk with 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of curd.
Is Strawberry Milkshake healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Strawberries : Strawberries are chock-full of a phytonutrients, which are good antioxidants and reduce body inflammation. This pink-red coloured fruit abounds in vitamin C. You will be surprised that a cup of strawberry is enough to fulfills your day’s requirement of vitamin C, which helps in building a healthy immune system and keeping all types of infections away. These high vitamins C count benefits in preventing cancer and also fighting the existing the cancer cells if any. Strawberries are a rich source of potassium and magnesium, which helps in lowering blood pressure. With a glycemic index 41, they can be added in limited quantity to a diabetic meal too. Moreover they are a very good source of fiber too. A cup of strawberry yields 4.6 g of fiber, which is a boon for weight loss.
Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
What's the problem?
Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Strawberry Milkshake?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours.
Can healthy individuals have Strawberry Milkshake?
No. Eat clean to feel healthy.
Healthy Indian Drinks you can have.
Healthy Indian drinks to choose from tulsi tea recipe, masala chaas, low fat chaas recipe and neem juice.
Masala Chaas Recipe, Spicy Buttermilk Recipe
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds. Stress. The easiest way to kill your immune system is chronic stress.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that. Workout builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss, builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
One glass Strawberry Milkshake is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
5. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
6. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 235 calories that come from one glass Strawberry Milkshake?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hour 11 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 24 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 31 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 40 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.