How many calories does one glass of Sitaphal Milkshake have?
One glass of Sitaphal Milkshake gives 260 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 160 calories, proteins account for 22 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 77 calories. One glass of Sitaphal Milkshake provides about 13 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Sitaphal Milkshake Recipe sitaphal milkshake recipe | custard apple milkshake | with 12 amazing images.
sitaphal milkshake recipe is an amazing rich custard apple milkshake made with just 4 ingredients. Make this sitaphal milkshake recipe when sitaphal is in season in India.
Custard apple by itself is a wondrous treat with its uniquely grainy texture and extreme sweetness. To make sitaphal milkshake recipe, sitaphal is blended with vanilla ice-cream and chilled milk, it becomes nothing short of nectar! Creamy to the core, this custard apple milkshake is a truly energising treat that your taste buds will thank you for.
Tips to make sitaphal milkshake recipe. 1. To prepare sitaphal milkshake, take 2 ripe custard apples. 2. Full-fat milk is the best option while making milkshakes to get a thick and creamy outcome. Also, freezing the milk helps to make the sitaphal milkshake really creamy and thick. Replace milk with soy or almond milk if you wish to make it vegan. 3. Add sugar. Honey, agave, maple syrup, Stevia are some healthy alternatives of sweetener instead of refined sugar. Adjust the quantity of sugar as per the sweetness you desire.
Love custard apple?, then you will enjoy Sitafal Phirni and Custard Apple Ice Cream too.
Is Sitaphal Milkshake healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Custard Apple, Sitafal : There are many antioxidants in custard apple like vitamin C, flavonoids, phenolic compounds. These antioxidants are helpful in reducing the oxidative stress by scavenging free radicals in the body. Almost 50% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Vitamin K can be met by consuming 100 grams of Custard Apple. Custard Apples are good source of magnesium as 100g of the fruit provides 24% of the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of Magnesium. Magnesium helps maintain nerve function and normal heartbeat. Sitafal is high in fibre, low in sodium and good for hypertension. See detailed benefits of custard apple.
Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
What's the problem?
Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Sitaphal Milkshake?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar used in the recipe will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it.
Can healthy individuals have Sitaphal Milkshake?
Healthy Indian Drinks to choose from
Healthy Indian drinks to choose from tulsi tea recipe, masala chaas, low fat chaas recipe and neem juice. Apple and Oats Milkshake
Apple and Oats Milkshake
8 Pointers to Go Healthy and Stay Healthy
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
One glass of Sitaphal Milkshake is high in
1. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
5. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. It helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
6. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 260 calories that come from One glass of Sitaphal Milkshake?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hour 18 min
Running (11 kmph) = 26 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 35 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 45 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.