How many calories does one Grilled Paneer Sandwich have?
One Grilled Paneer Sandwich gives 158 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 101 calories, proteins account for 18 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 39 calories. One Grilled Paneer Sandwich provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Grilled Paneer Sandwich recipe | grilled paneer sandwich | Indian style paneer sandwich | paneer sandwich for kids | with 15 amazing images.
paneer sandwich recipe | grilled paneer sandwich | Indian style paneer sandwich | paneer sandwich for kids is a treat for all paneer lovers. Made perfectly to suit Indian palates, it will never disappoint you. Learn how to make Indian style paneer sandwich.
To make paneer sandwich, first make the paneer stuffing. For that combine the crumbled paneer, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, pav bhaji masala, milk and salt in a bowl and mix well. Then assemble the sandwich. Apply little butter on chutney on a bread slice. Spread some paneer stuffing evenly over it and arrange 2 onion slices and 1 capsicum slice over it. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper evenly over it. Sandwich it with the other buttered-chutney side facing downwards and press it lightly. Spread ½ tsp of butter evenly over it. Grill the sandwich in a greased hot griller till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal portions. Serve immediately.
Buttered and “chutneyed” slices of bread are sandwiched with a succulent paneer mixture flavoured with tongue-tickling spice mixes like garam masala and pav bhaji masala to make Indian style paneer sandwich is a perfect masterstroke to show your culinary skills with least efforts.
Add some crunchy veggies like capsicum and onions to the sandwich, and what you have is a creation beyond comparison. The Paneer Sandwich is one awesome deal that nobody can refuse! It is an ideal snack for a kids birthday party or play date.
Tips for paneer sandwich. 1. The basis of this sandwich is the use of fresh paneer. Learn how to make paneer at home. 2. Milk has been used in small quantities, but it is necessary to bind the crumbled paneer mixture. So do not avoid it. 3. Make sure you serve it immediately because it will get soggy and chewy after a while, like most grilled sandwiches do. So, enjoy it immediately after grilling.
Try other sandwich recipes too, like the Junglee Cheese Grilled Sandwich or Veg Club Sandwich.
Is Grilled Paneer Sandwich healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
4. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
5. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
What's the problem?
Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida from which bread is made. Maida is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Grilled Paneer Sandwich?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This recipe uses plain flour or maida from which bread is made. Maida is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients.
What is a healthy toast option to have?
We suggest you try homemade almond bread made without eggs and toast it. A good option is toasted almond bread with avocado which is a perfect gluten free breakfast option. Whole wheat bread is better choice than white bread made from refined plain flour to make toast like mixed sprouts open toast, oats moong toast, cottage cheese tomato and chutney sandwich or creamy alfalfa sprouts and apple on toast.
Can healthy individuals have Grilled Paneer Sandwich?
Grilled Paneer Sandwich is high in
1. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 158 calories that come from one Grilled Paneer Sandwich?
Walking (6 kmph) =
Running (11 kmph) =
Cycling (30 kmph) =
Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.