How many calories does one Motichoor Ke Ladoo have?
One Motichoor Ke Ladoo gives 204 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 98 calories, proteins account for 15 csalories and remaining calories come from fat which is 91 calories. One Motichoor Ke Ladoo provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calorie.
Click here to view. Motichoor Ke Ladoo recipe | motichoor ladoo recipe | how to make perfect motichur ladoo | motichoor ke ladoo |
For many of us Diwali just seems incomplete without motichoor ke ladoo! Indian mithai reinforces the mood of festivity. However, many think it is very difficult to make and buy motichoor ke ladoo from outside. Try this foolproof recipe of perfect motichoor ladoo at home.
Just follow the exact proportions and you will get the perfect motichur Ladoo, with the rich taste of besan and irresistible aroma of cardamom and saffron. motichoor ladoo are very soft and crumbly in texture. Moti in hindi means pearl and choor means crumbly and hence the name motichoor ladoo.
To make motichoor ladoo, we first need to make boondi. For that combine besan, salt, baking powder and orange food colour in a bowl and whisk till smooth. Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and hold the perforated spoon (boondi jhara) over the hot ghee. Pour a ladle of the batter over it and tap the handle of the perforated spoon so that boondis fall beautifully and easily into the ghee. Don’t use a spoon to push the batter though the Jhara as that will prevent the boondi shape. Cook on a medium flame till they turn light golden brown in colour or till crisp.
Then proceed to make motichoor ke ladoo. For that combine the sugar, lemon juice, orange food colour and ½ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Switch off the flame, add the pistachios, melon seeds, saffron strands, cardamom powder and rose essence and mix well. Switch on the flame, add boondi and cook for 3 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on a plate, divide into 13 portions and shape them into round ladoos with your greased palms. Keep aside motichoor ke ladoo for 2 to 3 hours, roll again and then serve.
Notes and tip s to make the perfect motichur ladoo. 1. The batter is very important and you need to make a pouring consistency batter and keep on mixing so you get a limp free mixture. Don’t forget to use a whisk as this will get you a smooth consistency. 2. We have taken a boondi Jhara which is traditionally used but you can also use a regular one but make sure the handle is long enough so that you don’t burn yourself. We are going to fry the boondi in ghee today. 3. Make sure to wash the perforated spoon and wipe it till dry before using it to fry the next batch of boondi as there should be no droplets of water. 4. Make sure to blend the boondi to a coarse powder, not too big or small. 5. Adding exactly 1/2 cup of water to create the sugar syrup is important. Melon seeds gives a nice crunch to motichoor ladoo. 6. Grease your palms with ghee and roll the motichur ladoo lightly.
The crunch of nuts in this Indian mithai makes the experience all the more awesome.
Make sure you do not store these motichoor ladoo in the refrigerator because they will harden and the succulent softness will be lost. Store them in an air-tight container at room temperature and have them within 4 to 5 days.
Enjoy motichoor ladoo recipe | how to make perfect motichur ladoo | motichoor ke ladoo | Indian mithai.
Is Motichoor Ke Ladoo healthy?
No, it's not healthy. Made from besan, orange food colour, sugar, cardamom powder, pistachios and ghee for deep frying.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow. See 10 detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
2. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
3. Ghee : Other than calories and fats, the only nutrients that ghee is rich in are the vitamins – all of which are fat-soluble. All the 3 vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K) are antioxidants which have a role in removing free radicals from the body and protecting our cell as well as help in maintaining skin health and glow. Ghee is an excellent, high-quality selection medium of cooking because of its high smoke point. As compared to most oils and butter, ghee can handle a smoke point of 230°C, 450°F, thus its less prone to oxidant and destruction of nutrients. Yes, ghee does contain cholesterol, but some amount of cholesterol is needed by the body. Cholesterol has some functions to play too. It is necessary for hormone production, brain function, cell health and lubricating the joints. It is, in reality, a high quality fat for the body and brain. Ghee is loaded with fats but that’s medium chain fatty acids (MCT) which aid in weight loss. Ghee is healthy for daibetics in small amounts and you need to check your fat intake at the same time. Learn to easily make your ghee at home which is free of preservatives. See benefits of ghee.
What's the problem?
1. Sugar : Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar.
2. Deep fried foods : This recipe is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health.Deep fried foods : This recipe is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. Processed food, Deep Fried Foods also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process. Most diseases from heart, to cardio vascular, diabetes, parkinsons, alzheimer, cancer and obesity result when the cells get inflamed and don't then function correctly. Inflammation in the arteries can cause heart attacks. So your diet should contain foods that fight inflammation in the body. That's how your body gets healthier by eating the right stuff. So you have given the cells in your body the right food to stay healthy and that is so important in staying disease free for the rest of your life.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Motichoor Ke Ladoo?
No, this is deep fried food and is not healthy. Processed food, Deep Fried Foods also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process. Most diseases from heart, to cardio vascular, diabetes, parkinsons, alzheimer, cancer and obesity result when the cells get inflamed and don't then function correctly. Inflammation in the arteries can cause heart attacks. So your diet should contain foods that fight inflammation in the body. That's how your body gets healthier by eating the right stuff. So you have given the cells in your body the right food to stay healthy and that is so important in staying disease free for the rest of your life.
Can healthy individuals have Motichoor Ke Ladoo?
No, this is deep fried food and is not healthy for anyone.
What is a healthier option to Motichoor Ke Ladoo?
We suggest you try low fat carrot halwa recipe or chana dal barfi recipe.
Chana Dal Barfi, Healthy Indian Sweet
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
One one Motichoor Ke Ladoo is high in
1. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
4. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 204 calories that come from one Motichoor Ke Ladoo?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 1 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 20 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 27 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 35 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.