How many calories does one wedge of Eggless Chocolate Cake have?
One wedge of Eggless Chocolate Cake gives 283 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 172 calories, proteins account for 26 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 91 calories. One wedge of Eggless Chocolate Cake provides about 14 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Eggless Chocolate Cake recipe. A chocolate sponge is a very handy piece of cake! And when it can be made in a pressure cooker, its preparation is a piece of cake too! Serve this soft and succulent Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake warm and fresh off the cooker with a cup of tea, top it with ice-cream to make a delicious dessert, or decorate it to make the prettiest – and tastiest - cake in town. Serve along with Herbed Sticks and Banana Pepper Wafers for an exciting evening tea time treat.
Is Eggless Chocolate Cake healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
2. Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened : Cocoa is rich in polyphenols like flavonoids, catechins and epicatechins. These show anti-inflammatory effect as well help the body get rid of harmful free radicals and thus reduce the onset of various chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Small amounts of cocoa powder have been proven to reduce insulin sensitivity and improve blood sugar control and benefit diabetics. Some random trials with cocoa powder have exhibited reduction in the levels of LDL (bad cholesterol) in the body making it good for heart and good for weight loss. See detailed benefits of cocoa powder.
What's the problem?
1. Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
2. Condensed Milk, Sweetened Condensed Milk: Condensed Milk – itself is very high in energy (513 calories from ½ cup). That’s a lot! This is of most concern especially when most of it is because of the added sugar, which does not offer any benefit in reality. So weight watchers and those suffering from diabetes and heart disease as well as those aiming a healthy lifestyle need to definitely stay steer of this ingredient, though rich in taste. Condensed milk is a dairy product, so it is a concentrated source of protein and calcium, which are necessary to build strong bones. It does provide some B vitamins and potassium also. So condensed milk should be the preferred choice over plain sugar. Read is condensed milk healthy?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Eggless Chocolate Cake?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients.
What is a healthier Cake option or dessert option?
We suggest Almond Berry Coconut Cake though it does contain some honey but is far healthier as it is made from almond flour. An amazing dessert is the Chocolate Coconut Vegan Dessert made with healthy ingredients.
Chocolate Coconut Healthy Vegan Dessert
Can healthy individuals have Eggless Chocolate Cake?
Not suggested if you want to live a healthy life style.
Eggless Chocolate Cake is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 283 calories that come from Eggless Chocolate Cake?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 25 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 28 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 38 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 49 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.