How many calories does One cup of Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes for Baby and Toddler have?
One cup of Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes for Baby and Toddler gives 127 calories.
Click here to view. Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes for Baby and Toddler recipe. apple carrot soup for babies, toddlers | apple and carrot soup | apple carrot soup with potatoes.
Fancier than porridges and single-fruit stews, this Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes for Babies and Toddlers is a dish that will introduce your child to more exciting flavours and textures.
Rich in energy and Vitamin A, this Apple Carrot Soup is a meal which will make the baby feel satisfied for some time.
As your baby approaches the eighth month, you can start adding ingredients like onions that have a strong flavour. You can also add a dash of pepper to this Apple Carrot Soup for Babies and Toddlers if your baby seems to like it.
Try and avoid adding salt to this Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes for Babies and Toddlers, till your baby is one year old. After the age of one, start adding small quantity of salt as per your doctor’s advice.
Aside from apple carrot soup with potatoes try our baby recipes and collection of toddler recipes to keep your little one healthy and happy.
Is Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes for Baby and Toddler healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Apples : Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. See detailed 9 health benefits of apple.
2. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
4. Potatoes (Aloo) : Potatoes being high in simple carbohydrates will lead to weight gain and are not good for people with diabetes, heart problem and obesity. Potatoes are recommended for malnourished children and people with low weight. See full details on why potatoes are bad for you.
6 reasons to have Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes for Babies and Toddlers
1. Apple Carrot Soup with Potatoes is a very satiating meal for babies above 8 months of age.
2. It abounds in energy and carbs to keep them on going.
3. Apple provide enough fiber which helps to keep their small tummies clean.
4. Carrots lend vitamin A to fight disease and aid in clear vision of babies.
5. Potatoes lends thickness to the soup along with potassium.
6. This soup is great way to maintain their water and electrolyte balance in the body.
Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes for Baby and Toddler is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.