Besan Laddoo ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 185 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 154366 times
Who has not heard of Besan Laddoo? This all-time favourite Indian mithai holds a very special place in Indian cuisine, because it has withstood the test of time and geography. Although known by different names, it is popular in almost all the regions of India, and continues to be liked by people of all age-groups, from toddlers and teens, to the toothless too! Here, we show you how to make this wonderful treat easily using the Microwave oven. The only thing you need to be careful about while preparing this is the duration of frying the gram flour and ghee mixture. If you fry it for too less time, it will have a raw smell, and if you cook it for too long, it will burn the flour. So, stir the mixture occasionally while cooking, and follow the instructions as given. You can make these ladoos for festive occassions like Ganesh Chaturthi and Diwali . Also a good Sweet Treats for kids.
- Combine the besan and ghee in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 8 minutes, while stirring after every 2 minutes. Keep the mixture aside to cool completely for 1 hour.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder and mix well, while rubbing the mixture in between your palms till it gets a crumbly texture.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and shape it into a round laddoo.
- Repeat step 3 to shape 16 more laddoos.
- Garnish with almond slivers and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per laddoo
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.