Wonton Soup, Veg Wonton Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24003 times
Almost synonymous with Chinese cuisine, the Wonton Soup is a sumptuous and tongue-tickling soup that brings alive the flavours and textures of Oriental cuisine.
Wontons are like dumplings, in which a cover of plain flour dough holds miscellaneous sautéed veggies. The wontons are cooked by boiling in a soup of vegetable stock, perked up with ingredients like spring onions, ginger and garlic.
The crunchy veggies inside the wontons give it a nice mouth-feel, while the soup gives it an awesome flavour. You must make sure you use the suggested amount of oil while making the soup, in order to get the authentic taste and consistency.
Enjoy the Wonton Soup hot and fresh. You can also try other Chinese soups like the Chinese Veg Soup and the Chinese Vegetable Clear Soup .
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage, french beans, carrot and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add the cheese and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, remaining 1 tsp of oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions.
- Roll a portion into 75 mm. ( 3”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place a little stuffing in the centre apply a water along the edges.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Bring the ends together and press well.
- Repeat steps 7 to 10 to make 14 more wontons. Cover with a damp muslin cloth or a lid and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger, spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the clear vegetable stock, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, spring onion greens and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Turn the flame to high, put the prepared wontons gradually into the boiling soup, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion whites and greens.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1752.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||34.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||39.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.