Vegetable Stew On A Shortcrust Pastry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 145 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9169 times
This innovative snack features short crust pastries loaded with mixed veggies, in a creamy and tangy base. Tomatoes and ketchup give the filling a lovely tanginess, while an assortment of spices gives it a tempting aroma and spicy flavour.
Plain flour is used to thicken the mixed vegetable stuffing and give it a creamy mouth-feel. The Vegetable Stew on a Shortcrust Pastry is easy to make as it does not require any baking. Enjoy it immediately upon preparation.
Enjoy as it is or with a bowl of soup for a satiating meal.
- Combine the plain flour and ¼ cup of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the cloves and cinnamon and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder, sugar, maida-water mixture and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the filling into 2 equal portions,.
- Take 1 short crust pastry and put a portion of the filling in it and spread it evenly.
- Repeat step 2 to make 1 fill one more short crust pastry.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||926.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||12 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.8 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.