Sweet and Spicy Vegetable Pickle
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 204 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28971 times
An instant version of the popular North Indian mixed vegetable pickle. This pickle is often served as a side dish. A delectable combination of fresh winter vegetables, raw mangoes and an enticing blend of spices and seasonings, sweetened with jaggery. This pickle can be stored refrigerated for upto one week. Serve this recipe with hot phudina naans.
- Blanch the carrots, cauliflower and radish in salted water.
- Drain and place the blanched vegetables on an absorbent cloth and pat them dry.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add all the ingredients to it, stirring continuously.
- Cook till the jaggery has dissolved.
- Cool and serve immediately or store in a sterilised glass jar and refrigerated for upto 1 week.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.