Sweet Potato Puranpoli
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 164 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29517 times
A healthy version of the traditional calorie laden puranpolis. Sweet potatoes have been used instead of dal to minimize the sugar used. Cardamom powder, nutmeg and saffron add to the pleasing aroma of these low-fat puranpolis. Enjoy them with low fat milk instead of ghee for a sweet ending!
- Combine the wheat flour and milk along with little water and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter.
- Place one portion of the filling mixture in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook on a medium flame using little oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 3 more puranpolis.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puranpoli
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.