Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19381 times
Age no bar, place no bar, Sweet Buns are one of the first things you think of buying as soon as you enter a bakery. In fact, whenever you smell anything baking, this is the first thing that comes to mind.
These Sweet Buns, dotted with tutti-frutti, are sure to steal your heart with their soft texture and milky flavour. Enjoy warm buns with a cup of tea , or serve to your kids as an after-school treat .
- Combine the warm milk, yeast, sugar and 1 tbsp of warm water in a bowl, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the oil and butter in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder, powdered sugar and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the yeast mixture.
- Knead into a soft dough using approx. 1/2 cup of water.
- Add the oil-butter mixture and knead again for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Inflate the dough, add the tutti frutti and knead very well.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball and place it on the greased baking tray.
- Cover them with a damp muslin cloth and keep in a warm place for 30 minutes or till they rise well.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c(400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Brush them with melted butter and serve warm.
Nutrient values per sweet bun
|Vitamin A||65.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.