Stuffed Mushroom Buns, Baked Chinese Mushroom Buns
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 107 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21643 times
What a scrumptious treat to serve with tea or soup! Stuffed Mushroom Buns is a Chinese favourite that involves baking regular bun dough stuffed with a tangy and spicy mixture of mushrooms, onions, green chillies, tomato ketchup and other ingredients.
The outcome is a wonderfully soft bun with a succulent mushroom-packed centre, which excites your palate with its enticing texture and spiky flavour. Enjoy the Baked Chinese Mushroom Buns right off the oven, brushed with a little butter.
Serve with delightful soups like the Crispy Rice Soup , Vegetable and Noodle Soup , Curried Carrot Soup or Green Pea, Coconut and Coriander Soup for a very satiating and comforting start to a meal.
- Combine the dry yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, butter, salt, yeast-sugar mixture in a deep bowl and knead it into soft dough using approx. ½ cup of warm water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball, flatten it into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle and place it on your palms.
- Place a portion of the mushroom stuffing in the centre.
- Bring all the sides together and roll it between your palms into a ball and slightly flatten it.
- Transfer them into a greased baking tray, cover them with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 25 minutes.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot brushed with melted butter.
Nutrient values per mushroom bun
|Vitamin A||38.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.