Stuffed Mini Dosas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 441 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45926 times
Stuffed Mini Dosas are a formidable contender to samosas! When you are bored of serving the same old samosas and kachoris at high-tea, cocktail or chaat parties, try this exciting snack instead. The mini dosas are conveniently made of a green gram based batter, which requires no fermentation. To add to the crispy excitement of these dosas, they are stuffed with a succulent potato and capsicum mixture, which makes this handy-sized snack a thrilling mouthful indeed!
- Wash and soak the green gram in water for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and grind to a smooth paste along with the green chilli, ginger and ¼ cup of water.
- Add the asafoetida,1 tablespoon of oil, salt and ¼ cup of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter and add the onion and green chilli. Sauté for a few minutes till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the capsicum, potatoes,chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Remove from the fire and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil.
- When hot, pour a tablespoonful of the dosa batter, spread using a circular motion to make a thin dosa approximately 75 mm (3") in diameter and cook on one side.
- Pour a little oil along the edges while cooking.
- When crispy, place a spoonful of the stuffing on it and roll to form a cylindrical shape.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 19 more mini dosas.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.